Wilkes-Barre, p. (October 9, 2021) – Elder Izi Didario The Stevens Institute of Technology women’s soccer team finished their third clean sheet of the season with a goalless draw against King College on Saturday at the Maccabees Stadium.
With a draw, Stevens moved 4-4-3 for the year and 2-0-1 for the conference. The game took the Ducks’ unbeaten run to 22 in the regular season. The Monarchs moved 2-5-1 at the time and 0-1-1 in the league. The Ducks’ three counterparts have been the biggest additions to the program since 2017. The Ducks are unbeaten in their last five matches.
The Ducks dominated the entire game and spent 72% of their playing time as the third attacker. Stevens fired 29 shots on two targets, including 12. In the Ducks’ last two matches, opponents have conceded just three shots. The King’s double shot was the lowest for the program since September 11, 2019, the last time a bullet had been fired at King’s target.
Didario was not shot in the post for the third time in a row. In the Scottish plains, the New Jersey native dropped his current goal average to -0.94, the fourth-highest MAC freedom. 0.66 Her mark ranks 11th among all active Class III goalkeepers. Tara Bender obtained her first professional painting and made 12 savings for the kings.
- In the 103rd minute, the Ducks had the only corner of both halves. First year Abi Harris’ In his spare time, Bender was the only goal-scorer for both.
- Stevens had a 29-2 advantage in the shootout, including a 12-0 lead. The Ducks have lost 10 of their 11 opponents this season. Second year Amelia Reig He made five attempts to guide all student-athletes.
- Ducks caught the emperor’s beginnings without a bullet.
- Stevens has a 7-0 advantage in the corners and has scored 17 goals in his last two matches.
- Head coach Jeff Parker He has 299 career victories and 289 in Stevens.
- The Ducks have a GAA of 0.846, third in the Guba conference. The Ducks’ defense has conceded just two goals in the last 565: 32.
From Pitch – Senior Taylor Whitke
- “Our defense played a great 110 minutes without firing a shot at the frame. Although we were able to move forward and we had 29 shots, it was unfortunate that we could not find a single net.
On the sides – the head coach Jeff Parker
- We could not reach the net this afternoon, feeling unfinished. [We] He did some good things; We were strong in many rounds and we didn’t give much, but sometimes the ball didn’t go in. It was a day when the home side played and got a point. We must manage a quick turnaround and return to DeBaun immediately on Tuesday night. We prepare and prepare to help improve our performance. “
- Women’s soccer will return to the Deba Athletics Complex on October 12 for a key MAC freedom match against Arcadia University.
- On September 28, 2019, the Ducks defeated the Cavaliers 10-0 in their only meeting.
- Live stats and video links are available at StevensDucks.com.
Facebook – Like “Stevens Athletics
# Get up